Friday, March 11, 2011

A Quilty Week

This week I feel I am on overload with all the quilt events and things I have seen.  I am going to put a few web addresses in here so you can see some of the great things that I have seen.

The first is Fraser Smith.  http://www.gofraser.com/  This fine  looking man started carving clothing out of wood.  He carves items that people would want to remember.  After awhile he graduated into quilts.  His wooden quilts weigh about 70 lbs and have to be hung on a special hanger to support the weight.  He has sold over 50 of them and they are hanging in private homes of wealthy people and businesses and even in the conference room in Paducah.  They are spectaular.  He spent over an hour at the Patchwork Quilt Guild showing us slides of his work and explaining how he does it.  Ladies, quilts are here to stay  and they ARE appeciated.

The second was Lisa Bongean  http://primitivegatherings.us/shop/  .  Lisa gave a lecture at the Feather Princesses Quilt Guild.  I can't say I have been a fan or wool work or primitve work before.  I was enthralled. I bought a kit to do a minature (of course) and can't wait to get at it.  Her work is also above and beyond.

And lastly was of course Jo Morton Club.. I have learned so much from this group and I enjoy the girls so much.  This years club seems to be based on half square triangles, but our next project is Courthouse Steps done with one inch strips.  Here is the website.  But the pictures at these websites do not do the work the justice they deserve  http://www.jomortonquilts.com/index.php

Everyone stay high and dry this week and as far away from the Pacific as possible.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment