Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day one of Return trip

I had planned to be on the road by 9am. At 12:30 when I pulled into Bernie's and Sharon's to say good bye..  Bernie just looked at his watch.

I decided to go straight up Route 75 and go into Georgia to look for the Georgia Guidestones.  I will get back to that in a moment, but I did see some interesting things on the way.  First ofall...  I think every bug in Florda committed suicide on my windshield.  And what a job to scrap them off.  I will have to do it again before I leave tomorrow.  Lots of trucks on the road, but most of the highway I was on did not permit them in the left lane, so the drive was smooth.  Three lanes is a great way to build a road. 

OneMotorhome I drove by had an interesting license plate.  They were pulling a small car and the plate on the car said, "Caboose". The plate on the motorhome said, "Engine".  Do you suppose they were retired railroad people?

Another interesting fact is that:  "It is unlawful for anyone under sixteen years of age to pump hazardous fuel" in Georgia.  Sounds like a good rule to me.

Callie and I have reached a new agreement..  I gave her a couple of pills this morning and that did cause some concern.  I think it made her thirsty and we had a hard time getting organized so she could drink water.  I decided to let her free in the car and she is much happier.  She is obedient when I leave the car and tell her,"No"  and she is enjoying watching the people and birds.  When I take her out of the car she is not struggling to get out of my arms.  The motel I am in, I think, put some catnip on the rug or else she was very happy to be on solid ground.

The Georgia Guidestones are the North American 20th century Stonehedge.  They were built in 1980 and support a 25000 pound capstone.  The owner has managed to remain annoymous.  They have ten suggestions of how to live successfully to perserve our earth and have a happy life.  These suggestions are written in eight languages.  I have wanted to see them for a long time and this seems to be the perfect chance.  However; I can't find them.  I typed in Eberta.  which I thought was the town they were in.  The people there have never heard of them.. So, now I'm on my way to Elberton.  Hopefully, I'll have better luck tomorrow.  If I see them, I will post a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment