Sunday, January 9, 2011

Callie and Babe

Sorry I've been so long writing, but I have finally got this place set up and am ready to quilt and bead to my heart's content.

My phone will be hooked up on Tuesday, so I will be trying it out then.

It's breezy here today, but still sunny. It gets cold at night, but it's warm in the bed and Callie is enjoying the cool air at night., It was 75 during the day yesterday

She seems perfectly happy .  I have not let her outdoors and I guess I probably won't.  The Florida room seems to be enough for her.  A Florida room is a carport with the sides filled in with screens.

I have two  regular visitors now..  A beautiful egret .. and THE stork. I call him Babe, but he has other names from the community.  I heard a man driving by in his thee wheel tryke saying, "You are the uglist bird I have ever seen."  He kept saying it over and over.  Apparently storks are carions and that's why they have the bald head.  The same as a vulture.  I wonder if they're related.

Babe has small black beady eyes that look over his bill.  It looks like an old man looking over the top of his glasses..  There seems to be some fluid running down the side of the bill as well.. It adds to his beauty.  He clacks his bill togother and it sounds like those wooden chimes. 

Callie has become quite interested in him.  And of course he has the patience of Job..  He will wait forever for his bits of hotdog  Callie watches him and watches him and then makes a lunge at the screen.  Babe steps back and the process starts all over again.  Great entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment