Saturday, January 1, 2011

New year A bunch of 1's

Some New Year partier I turned out to be..  I was in bed by 7:30.  Woke up at midnight when everyone in the park set off their fireworks and then went right back to sleep.

Thanks to everyone who sent me messages about my blog.  I really appreciate hearing from you and glad you got a chuckle.

Communications are not quite up to par here yet, but we're getting there.

I can't leave my cell phone on as I am charged "Roaming" charges for being out of the Moncton area.  I have over $200 worth of time on that account, but can't get into it to see how much has been used.

The lady who owns this place forgot to give me the password for her internet so I am piggy backing on someone else's account and it's weak.  There is no home phone here, so that phone number I put on my Snowbird card is for her cell phone and is probably turned off.  It always takes awhile to get organize, but it will all come together.

The place is cute.  Not much room for all my junk...LOL... I might as well laugh because I know all of you are laughing.  It will work out as well.

Travelling down was OK...  I do get tired and it will take me a couple of days to recover, but I'm so glad I am able to do it.  I didn't  have any near misses or see anything bad accidents.   I am always amazed at how well everyone travels.  In Bangor I saw three vechiles off the side of the road in a snow bank, but I think it was from the day before during the storm.. Tow trucks were pulling them out and no one seemed very upset.  Lot's of laughing and carrying on.  Another time I saw a trooper inspecting the front of a car that looked like it had rear ended the car in front of it, but it was certainly not a bad accident.

 Going over a bridge a Winnibago with a trailor and a car started leaving sparks.  I think he blew a tire on the trailor,  he just kept driving to get off the bridge before he pulled over and I dropped back to give him plenty of room.  And that was it.  No crazy drivers, no near misses,  just a long drive listening to my audio novels.  Of which I heard three complete novels.  Still have three more to listen to so that will take me to Toronto in May.

The long finger of winter reached down into North Carolina.  Then it was dark and I didn't see any more snow.  Going over a bridge in Jacksville I could see another bridge beside it and it was outlined in blue lights, very pretty.  Some day I am going to go back and explore Jacksonville and St Augustine.  Both of these cities have great history and I just whizzed through them.

Callie is laying on the sofa and seems relaxed.  Yesterday she spent the day under the bed, but is more content now.

The neighbours seems nice.  I see my first egret looking in one of the nighbours yards.  She probably feeds him  I will get some chicken hotdogs when I go get groceries today.  I am going to go steal an orange from the tree next door first though.  Then I have to do laundry.

I hope you all have a great New Years and again thanks for all your comments.  I will keep you posted to Callie's actions.

By for now
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment