Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Stork Came to Visit

Didn't bring any grandchildren.  Just wanted food.  Are storks ever an ugly bird  Their necks look like they have barnarcles on them and they have long strong beaks.  Toes with little claws on the end ofthem.  Not a bird I would like to fight with.

I gave him (I asume it's a him) 1/2 a chicken hotdog.  He didn''t shake the bejeeses out of it the way an egret  does.  He swallowed it whole.

Tried to get Callie to come and see but not interested yet.  So, I decided to vaccuum the Florida room.  Callie took off.  The stork took two steps back and then came forward when I was done.  This time he brought a friend.  So I went to get the other half of the hotdog.  And this is why a presume the first one was a male.  When I threw the hotdog on the ground  #1 glombed at it.  I had to chuck another one quick so the second one could have a piece too...  Doesn't that sound like a male to you....<G>

1 comment:

  1. well I have been educated!!!!! Never read a blog before..heard of them but didn't quite know how or what to do
    just finished reading all your entries with a great big smile in my heart...you lucky lady
    needless to say I am a tad bit envious to say the least...quilt to your fingers are numb and picking up those beads counts as exercise for the day!
    hugs Pat
    Betty

    ReplyDelete