Sunday, February 20, 2011

If something seems to good to be true, then it probably is

The title says it all.  I have been duped and must reassess my latest journey through life.

The lady that has rented me this cute little place has been scamming me and I have to move quickly.
During the month of February
1) I have received a ltter from the park manager saying Dec rent was not paid
2) The hydro man showed up to turn off the Hydro.  I had to give him my play money for the week.
3) She sent the certificate to transfer the ownership, but whited out her name and put my name in.
4)A letter arrived for the previous owner marked "Urgent" from the Tax collector.
5) A check she sent me bounced and the bank said that account has been closed.
I have been tearing my eyebrow hair out and my digestive system has been a little liquid.

So,, Pat the the rescue and I took charge
1) I went to the bank representative and explained my situation
2) I went to the Tax collector and explained my situation
Both said, "Get out of Dodge. The Sherriff will be there to put a padlock on the door very soon."

 I found another cute little place just down the road about three steps, Different park.  And the kind manager has helped me get set up with very little discomfort and money.
I am in the process of moving and all should be done by Tuesday.  That's when cable and Internet will be hooked up.  The important stuff.

All is well here, My back is a little sore and hopefully I'll lose some weight over this, but life goes on in sunny Florida and it's about 85 degrees in the day time...<G>

Onward and forward to the next chapter in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment