Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Callie went outside today

I picked Callie up and she thought she was going to get her royal petting.  Then I started towards the door and I could read her mind, "No, No, I won't go"  She thought she was going in the car again so she struggled to get away.  When I stepped outside under the tree at my front door, she started smelling the air and looking around.   Then I let her down.  She smelled and walked her way all around the trailor until she came  back to the front door.  She meowed as if to say, "That's it."

I told her she could stay out for abit and I went inside leaving the door open.  She disappeared.  Later I went out and called for her.  She Meowed at me..  "I'm under the trailor, leave me alone for a bit will you."

So I went back inside.  Every so often I went out and raked a bit of lawn and called her, but she never responded again.  About the tenth time I went out and called she came out and looked at me disgusted.  I picked her up and brought her inside. So much for her first outing.

She did not see the other cats in the neighbourhood.  I have spotted about four so far.  I think she thinks she is home free and the cat of the walk here.  At the other place she had a gentleman caller and when we left we didn't give him the forwarding address.  Callie really didn't like him at all. She is not going to be pleased when she sees all these other cats in her territory, but they will keep her from travelling too far.

Another beautiful day and I am lazy.  I need to wash the kitchen cupboards and can't seem to work up the energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment